Inspiration

At times when you think that you have failed at everything, you have really just succeeded. You have realized that you are not perfect, that not everything turns out just right in life.

Think about all the good things you have done, the good times in your life. You have definitely made a difference in someone else’s life, you just don’t know it – I can guarantee it. If you are reading this blog, you have made a difference in my life.

Think about this: How can I do any better? What can I do to make a difference, to help more people, to change the world, one small step at a time?

Think about the future, not the past. Hope for the best, not the worst.

Believe in yourself and you too can make a difference in the world.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Open Mind

So, big thing about today – I WENT TO CHURCH =D

And it was AWESOME xD

Which may be a surprise to some people, but yeah,… I really enjoyed it for some super odd random unknown reason. I'm sure some of you are reading this and going I HATE YOU, others; this isn't the mike I know… or WOW, am I seeing what I think I'm seeing? Hehehe

Lately, I've been trying to get back into the church routine which I have lost for like more than 5 years… which is a scary long time… considering its like one third of my life..

But I'm really glad I got back into it today, and I hope to continue… I think it will be really cool

… sorry, I just had to add this in here: In addition to typing on this word document, I am talking to someone who likes killing things… which totally conflicts my topic at the moment… but yeah haha – off topic again

I just realized this, but I think it is really really really important. – The way we view things and entering an atmosphere or doing something new with an open mind.

This is just one example, but there are many more personal life experiences on how my experiences change and become so much more meaningful when I think of it or participate in it with a positive outlook and an open mind.

So today, at church, I actually paid attention, and I wasn't even forcing myself or trying to, I actually enjoyed it and all. I can recall the last I went to church, which was involuntarily and before I stepped in, even the night before when I was at home, I was dreading it. I was just like, OMG a waste of time, its boring and blah blah blah. But I guess, throughout the years, I changed … A LOT… and I guess this change led to my openness and positivity. And because of that, today was more meaningful and this mass was more special.

Next time you go on some trip or go somewhere with your parents, friends, whatever, and you don't want to go. Do me and yourself a favour. Since it is an inevitable fact that you have to go and that you will not get out of it. Try going with a positive outlook and an open mind. Be excited for it, at least try to. Think of the good sides, and if you can't think of any, at least don't be dreading it and don't constantly think about the bad things. If you think it is boring, try to make it more exciting.

Like sometimes the mass does get a bit boring… change your sight… look at the stain glasses or look at a cute little kid in the front isle and what not.

Oh btw, my favourite part of mass is the part where you go "peace be with you" and shake their hand. I think it is always really neat and cool to know and receive that comment from someone else. Similar to what Katie mentioned a while back of knowing that someone is praying for you every night… and yes, btw, I do pray for ALL of my friends at night xD…

Okay, I'm sure there's more going on in my mind, but I just can't quite think of it and actually be able to explain it, so I'll just end off here.

Quote time =D

"always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine." Lord Byron

Okay, I stole this off Deacon Michael Walsh's twitter page lol, but I thought it was a really decent and appropriate line for this post

As I mentioned before, life and our experiences and others' lives and experiences will be so much more meaningful, eventful, exciting, interesting, and happy if we all were open minded, positive, outgoing and laughing.

Just think about that. Try it out. Go to school tomorrow, with a positive outlook. Think about all the good things and try and make the best of this learning experience. The day just might go THAT much faster and be THAT much more fun and meaningful.

Thanks guys

1 comment:

  1. and again, i really love the post.
    somehow your posts always seem to have the right timing anmd like.. it jsut really lifts how i feel. Like i know i look like i'm having an amazing life, and i'm always so on top of the world and jsut all over the place and off the wall. but i guess that's what masks are for eh ?

    but anyways, back to your post. i think it's really neat how you're starting to find the value ( well. enjoyment ) of going back to church. and although i'm not catholic ( im christian , there's a little difference ), i knwo how it feels to jsut " come home " after such a long getaway (:

    really love your post mike. stop admiring mine. You're the one with the great writing skills, lol not me you silly goose (: keep writing out your soul and you'll inspirse people all over this vast land (:

    YER YER YER YER ! :D

    ReplyDelete