Inspiration

At times when you think that you have failed at everything, you have really just succeeded. You have realized that you are not perfect, that not everything turns out just right in life.

Think about all the good things you have done, the good times in your life. You have definitely made a difference in someone else’s life, you just don’t know it – I can guarantee it. If you are reading this blog, you have made a difference in my life.

Think about this: How can I do any better? What can I do to make a difference, to help more people, to change the world, one small step at a time?

Think about the future, not the past. Hope for the best, not the worst.

Believe in yourself and you too can make a difference in the world.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Electing the spells?

It's really funny, cause I always write a blog post when I am most tired, most busy and always after I volunteer or help out at school events. Today was the closing finale of GODSPELL, which, by the way, was FANTASTIC, or "excellent" as my teacher said. And it's all true; it's so great being able to help out (though I didn't really do much) and just see all the enthusiasm and being able to talk to and see all those family members and friends of the actors and actresses, it's just great.

Now, before I continue talking about today, I think I should go back in time and talk about what happened a few days ago first, just so I'm not missing anything.

So, I guess the last time I posted was the premiere night for Godspell, and as I got home, you could say, I was kinda having one of those moments where things weren't working out and I just wasn't all that happy. But wow… all I can say and think is that I am so blessed and so fortunate to be living and a part of this loving community and being a part of the great/awesome circle of friends that I have. Really, you guys are amazing, and I can't stress it much more. You guys are the root cause of my actions, you guys have shaped me to who I am today and you guys have been with me, through tough times and good time, helped me when I needed help and showed me what true love and friendship is all about. It is because of YOU guys that I can continue doing what I do and learning what I learn. I just don't know what more to say. I mean, you guys are great, and you know it! There is so much talent in all of you, there are so many gifts, values and qualities, all different and exciting in their own unique ways.

Lots of times when I talk to people I mention the things that they do wrong and the things that they do bad on, and sometimes leaving out the things that they do good in. Cause, In my opinion or if it were me, I would much rather and even encourage people around me to tell me if I am doing something wrong and stuff, I know what I am doing good in, I just want to do better. And if you were to tell me what I did wrong, I would be able to acknowledge that and learn from that.

Okay, let's see, I am going to unfortunately have to skip a few things here and there cause I have a chem. Test tomorrow, and I haven't studied yet. Okay, what I wanted to mention was presidents speeches today at school. They were absolutely amazing, I mean seriously, I don't know what more to say. They were inspirational, motivating, informative and just brought out the best in all of them. They was a lot of suspense and tension and like, all the candidates were seriously great candidates with lots of potential and much worthy of the positions that they ran for. But the council members inevitably had to chose between the two and I guess the results are fair but not necessarily what I would have hoped for. I just hope that they will be able to bring forth the best in the school and do what they want to do, to be able to reach for the stars and make a difference!

Someone asked me if I was in any councils, and I said no. and it's really funny, cause I'm in a lot of stuff at school, but I'm not in any councils. I guess I kinda feel that I can do better. Like I know that if I join something and I am devoted to it I can make a difference and help it. But why have I not joined any councils. Well, because I think that although the councils can improve on different aspects and grow, they are, for the most part, pretty stable and well structured. Whereas small clubs and committees who also want to make a difference and are running for a good cause have not been as successful, due to the lack of personnel and just encouragement. But what I guess I have been trying to do was to try my best in helping the small clubs and committees who have the potential to do so much more, and to make such a bigger difference in the school community.

Okay, Quote:

I guess this is kinda cheating, cause I'm technically supposed to put a new quote up, but this one is like my motto or something that I go by everyday and sincerely believe in.

"small steps make the biggest difference"

And it's really true because I know that by helping the smaller clubs and committees, I can make a large difference and impact in the school community.

No comments:

Post a Comment