Inspiration

At times when you think that you have failed at everything, you have really just succeeded. You have realized that you are not perfect, that not everything turns out just right in life.

Think about all the good things you have done, the good times in your life. You have definitely made a difference in someone else’s life, you just don’t know it – I can guarantee it. If you are reading this blog, you have made a difference in my life.

Think about this: How can I do any better? What can I do to make a difference, to help more people, to change the world, one small step at a time?

Think about the future, not the past. Hope for the best, not the worst.

Believe in yourself and you too can make a difference in the world.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Long and Busy Weekend

    Well, since someone reminded me of blogging… I decided to write another post…

I can kinda say that this weekend was one of the most busiest weekends I've had in the longest while. So let's see, on Saturday, what ended up happening was waking up super early, then driving to the library and tutoring. The tutorial wasn't bad, better than I expected… and I even wasted time reading books… haha I couldn't help it. I had to like RUN with everyone else and line up to get a room… brings back memories… haha After that… and being 10 bucks richer, I go and do some exercise with my mom… something I haven't done in the longest while… and still today, my mom is whining about, because she is soooo tired… and my arms hurt… haha

    Math school next and wow, my first take-home exam, and also my first time randomly, literally randomly circling answers for multiple choice cause I had no clue what I was doing and I also left things blank… not good… after math, I was supposed to go watch a movie… but I ended up going to Chako, cause my brother for some reason wanted to go. We went to the one in scarborough, the new one that opened… it's pretty nice there, bigger and better than the old one… after that I went home and resumed my reading of A Passage to Boredom India*.

    I started doing some of my work.. like math and chem., and unfortunately I don't understand half (more like everything). So that's not good. On the other hand I was worrying about a bajillion things as usual. Like the interview on Tuesday, how there is soo much work to be done, English, and many many many other things.

Today I surprisingly woke up at 12 noon, wow, I haven't slept in that late since like forever… but I guess it's cuz I was reading passage till 2… so yeah, I was supposed to go to Ikea today, but I ended up reading the book till like 3 and then we left the house and went to dollarama, and home depot. My mom wanted to fix up one of the rooms for my brother, so he could have his own room.. and we're doing all this stuff for him and he's just sitting there on his couch, comfortably and playing games, completely oblivious to everything around him… cannot believe this guy – jeeez

So yeah, we're basically gonna move furniture around and paint the rooms of my house during the course of the week… isn't that exciting?

Hmm… just a random thought… wouldn't it be nice to see people's reactions to things … like see their real reactions… or like be able to see whether they are smiling or crying or their facial expressions as they read things on the other end of their computer?

It has been quite a Loooooong while since I have written a poem… maybe something soon will inspire me to write one…

Lately, with my life being really busy and things seeming really messy… it feels like I or everyone needs a break. We should treasure the time we have and make the best of it. We can only be this age and do certain things and feel certain ways only once… keep that in mind…

Well, time for the quote!... I love quotes, as you can all probably tell by now…

Ok, this one is stolen from some person during the Award's Night last year… haha I'm sure Mr. Hei Yu remembers this…

"a pessimist will see difficulties when opportunities arise, whereas an optimist will see opportunities in difficulties"

- I hope that through all the difficult times in our lives we will be able to live through them, make good decisions and find opportunities during those times. I know that if we are open, take initiative and accept reality, we will definitely succeed and be the best that we can be!

Ohh, and just a question to keep you thinking – it kept me thinking for a while – "what colour is love to you?"

Apparently, the colours vary depending on those you love… =D

Good luck to you all and goodnight!


 

Mike C

No comments:

Post a Comment