Inspiration

At times when you think that you have failed at everything, you have really just succeeded. You have realized that you are not perfect, that not everything turns out just right in life.

Think about all the good things you have done, the good times in your life. You have definitely made a difference in someone else’s life, you just don’t know it – I can guarantee it. If you are reading this blog, you have made a difference in my life.

Think about this: How can I do any better? What can I do to make a difference, to help more people, to change the world, one small step at a time?

Think about the future, not the past. Hope for the best, not the worst.

Believe in yourself and you too can make a difference in the world.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Is it worth it?… yes it is!

After school I went home and as I was waiting to go outside for dinner, I decided to sit down and cancel some appointments and call up some people. I called one of the places where I want to volunteer at and cancelled the orientation that I signed up that is supposed to be tomorrow. I feel bad for cancelling, because this is the third time that I cancelled. I called YAY and asked them about how the application progress is going and I also called the York Regional Police and told them that I would be going to their orientation and that I would be bringing a friend with me. Then, just as I finished talking, my phone rang… it was some person that I do not have on my contacts. A person for tutoring, so I'm like yay another person to tutor for next week… just cause I have nothing to do NEXT week. She asked me if I tutored science, and I'm like yes I do, and I would love to tutor you. And then I'm like ok, so when would you like to see me next week… and she's like, actually I have a test on Monday, would I be able to meet with you tomorrow, and I'm thinking "WTF! Are you kidding me!?! Tomorrow, and test on Monday?! Another late person, jeeesh I'm packed tomorrow… euhh" so I tell her that I am busy tomorrow, but she says that she needs the help, so I try my best to find a time when I can tutor her at the library and I think; "hmm, maybe in the morning, but that means that I will have to wake up early…" so yeah it ends up that I have to wake up early tomorrow morning and miss my Saturday morning sleep and go tutor… and I'm tutoring ecology… as I found out, I'm like ohh shoot my stuff is at school… So thank GOD I have a GREAAT friend who just so happened to be at school at that time and helped me get my stuff from my locker and passed it to me… so on behalf of myself and the kid I'm tutoring; THANK YOU! =D

Tonight I have to sleep earlier too… cause I have to wake up early tomorrow, … thinking about it, I don't know if it was a good choice to say yes and tutor tomorrow… but I guess, it's just another thing I'm doing once again to help someone else… let's just hope it actually helps…

It always seems as if I have a lot of work to do and that there is always no stop to it and stress is just bombarding my mind… it's not not fair, I mean, I guess it's life… but I think maybe a break here and there might help….

So let's see… next week is busy too… MYTA on Tuesday… ohh that's what I'm excited for, but I just found out that I am being interviewed by the kids in MYTF… so that's kinda scary… I guess I'd rather be interviewed by adults…

I was thinking the other day, and I realized… well I kinda knew this all along but… I'm just gonna make a big deal of it now haha… well so the thing is that friends are really important. Friends help us through good times and bad times, they are always by our sides. Without my friends, I know that I will not be who I am today, I will not have done what I have done. I do not regret being friends with anyone… except for maybe some people haha… but yeah, friends are great, without them, I would be no where in life and still be lost in a big deep dark never ending tunnel… with not hope…

Well, let's just hope all goes well and my life will continue on as usual, with its normal ups and downs… nothing too out of place, nothing too dramatic…

Another quote for the closing…

"Sometimes we just have to accept the inevitable and face the truth – we can't always have what we want and do what we want or be who we've always wanted to be… sometimes life just doesn't turn out the way we expect or anticipate it to; it's unfortunate, but it's reality… "

Ooo! I like this one too…

Yeah I'm just coming up with these random quotes off the top of my head… so they may not sound right haha

Last one!

"in life, bad things aren't the only things that happen unexpectedly, good things do too!"

Ohh, I kinda have to put this one… this is really the last one and it's stolen from someone… =D

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the things that you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your said. "

    Explore.

        Dream.

            Discover.

-Thanks… I know that if I didn't get to know you… (and everyone else) better this year or the last, I would definitely regret and be disappointed in myself "twenty years from now…" You're the best! =D


 

Mike C

No comments:

Post a Comment