Inspiration

At times when you think that you have failed at everything, you have really just succeeded. You have realized that you are not perfect, that not everything turns out just right in life.

Think about all the good things you have done, the good times in your life. You have definitely made a difference in someone else’s life, you just don’t know it – I can guarantee it. If you are reading this blog, you have made a difference in my life.

Think about this: How can I do any better? What can I do to make a difference, to help more people, to change the world, one small step at a time?

Think about the future, not the past. Hope for the best, not the worst.

Believe in yourself and you too can make a difference in the world.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Biology; improvement

I'm improving my study habits… slowly but gradually

I actually just turned off my computer but turned it back on to make this post.

Last night I was going to do some math and English but then decided against it and started studying for biology. I know I need a good mark in this course. And I know that in order to attain that good mark I have to work for it. So last night, I concentrated as hard as I can, tried to refrain myself from being distracted and going on the computer or checking it often and studied. I made notes on Nat's notes. I made notes from the textbook and read it for the first time. It actually makes sense. After being in class for all of Sullivan's lessons for Macromolecules and then making notes from his notes and studying for the quiz, I was still unclear of some things. But yesterday I read the textbook and I made notes on everything I didn't know and now it all makes sense. I just have to memorize everything.

The other thing is that I am learning how to make condensed notes. My notes are usually super long, cause I include anything I think is important, even if it's common sense and I know it already. So yesterday's notes were relatively shorter than my usual notes. I also dug up my outline study guide books for biology and I read them on macromolecules. Now I'm just worried about whether I will have everything memorized by tomorrow and the chem. Stuff. I hope its not going to be hard. It's worth four quizzes, which is like a quest, but four quizzes is still four quizzes.

Biology is really fun actually. Yesterday I stayed up till one am reading the stuff and making notes and though I was tired I had to motivate and encourage myself to continue. I even turned my phone off – well off from the notification of texts and emails and facebook messages, but that's a good start!

Anyways, I just hope I do good.

There's also extracurricular stuff. I haven't looked much into some of the clubs and committees I take part in and I feel bad for that. So I have to see if I can further manage my time better and be able to do balance playing a more active role in my extracurriculars and my school work.

Maybe from now on I should do biology homework and make notes and stuff before I do my other work.

Today during English class I think I kinda went a bit overboard with this one guy. I never liked him. I don't like people like him generally. How can you live with someone who can't put their pants on properly, adds in a swear word after every noun they use and doesn't care about anything other than smoking pot? Anyways, so he was put into my group and I didn't know that until I got back because I stepped out of class. So when I got back, he was sitting at my desk and he took my pen and stuff and was using it without permission. Okay, I ignore that because it was a cheap pen anyways and I don't care if I lose it. Then as I talk to a friend he takes my red English folder and starts rummaging through my stuff. That got me mad. I was really not in a good mood and I didn't know or really couldn't control what I was doing or saying. I tried to calm myself down, and I did by stopping myself from sspeaking or yelling so loudly that the whole class could hear. But according to my friends I caught the attention of everyone around me by saying "excuse me, that's mine." Then he ignores me so I get up from my chair and take it from him. I didn't like grab it and yank it out of him or anything forceful. I simply took it like I would take something out of the hands of anyone else. So then I resume my work, not knowing that I caused everyone to look my way. – I was still so upset that I was oblivious to everything around me. I just did my work, without including my group. Actually they didn't answer me when I asked what part they were doing. So I just worked alone. Then as I am reading my essay I become aware that the guy who ticked me off was talking to this other guy sitting beside me about me. He said something along the lines of how I am so protective (different word) of my English notes and that if he took my notes, its like he's taking away my brain or something. It didn't make much sense, maybe because I wasn't really paying much attention but he was saying it in a mocking way and was hinting it at me, though I ignored him.

Okay that was a long story. But yeah, I don't know if I did something wrong there. I'm sure I did, but at that time, that felt right.

"Most people see what is, and never see what can be."

  • Albert Einstein

Kay, so I guess it's saying that most people see only the obvious things and the things that are known and don't see what is out of the ordinary. They don't imagine things, they do not look into the future or look at things imagining what that thing would turn into in the future and how it could change and be a lot better and what not. I think.

I'm sure this is a really good quote, I'm just not so sure it fits in with my life at this moment. Maybe it does. Well anyways it's the new [believe] quote. I told myself I would open one if I needed inspiration or belief anytime in life. Especially before tests =] – bio test tomorrow

Good luck to anyone and everyone who has it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment