Inspiration

At times when you think that you have failed at everything, you have really just succeeded. You have realized that you are not perfect, that not everything turns out just right in life.

Think about all the good things you have done, the good times in your life. You have definitely made a difference in someone else’s life, you just don’t know it – I can guarantee it. If you are reading this blog, you have made a difference in my life.

Think about this: How can I do any better? What can I do to make a difference, to help more people, to change the world, one small step at a time?

Think about the future, not the past. Hope for the best, not the worst.

Believe in yourself and you too can make a difference in the world.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Others… or myself?

It has been a really really really long time, one week actually, since I posted. And the reason for this is because I have been super busy, as you all should know. I was supposed to go to the gym, but since my mom was reluctant to come home and drive me, I'm here blogging.

Basically, let's see what I can remember from last week, with a little help from my agenda =D

I found out that OSAID was lacking members, and that people outside of the council wanted to join and become part of the executive team. So, due to my growing interest thanks to MADD volunteering, which is quite exciting as well as my determination to get on student government, I decided to take initiative. So I went to the meeting on Tuesday with Sharyn, and I told mrs. Gioia. Soon, Mrs. Smyth sent me an email telling me that I am vice president of OSAID! Isn't that so great!?! Anywho, I'm excited. I guess, me being VP of OSAID has nothing to do with lots of people. But what's important that I wanted to mention is the lesson of taking initiative. Honestly, I did not believe that I would be able to become part of the exec team, and even when I thought that I might have a chance, I was thinking about something like secretary and what not. Little did I know, that I would become VP. I am using this story in my life as an example to tell you that unless you take initiative and actually work towards what you want, you never know if you can do it or not. I was a bit hesitant at first to go to the meeting and ask because I thought that it would be bad as I am breaking the rules and I thought that I didn't have much of a chance anyways, but I knew that if I didn't go, I would regret and constantly think about what if I went, would I have got it? So in order for me to bypass that, I went, and it worked. Taking initiative and working towards our goals not only pays off, it allows me to grow and change and learn a new lesson.

On Wednesday I tutored, and that's about it…. Then on Thursday, we had our Anti-Bullying meeting as well as a BAM meeting. So for anti-bullying I found out that I am president… sure it's a good thing, but I'm also kind of worried and a part of me even feelings sorry or sympathizes for the person who I was against. So yeah…

My religion CPT, which was to create a 20 day travel magazine for a tour of four religions of the world is due this Wednesday. He handed out the assignment and gave us time to work on it starting the end of April. So basically I had more than a month. But I didn't actually start until last weekend, which is really bad… but I guess I was just busy with other stuff. I started worrying and I spent hours on it… it took a really long time… but I finished =D and that I am happy about. I am glad that I could finish it before Monday. – actually I finished it at 2am on Saturday… I had a barbeque on Saturday with my family and during that gathering, as everyone was talking and eating outside, I had my laptop outside infront of me as I was working o n my religion cpt… bad times, but it was worth it. There were many times when I was tempted to do other stuff, like waste time, and there were even more times when I was distracted and just didn't work… but I guess, at night, when everyone was asleep, I had to be determined to finish my work. I really wanted to finish and I really needed to finish. I guess, although I left it to last minute, as long as I was determined and did what I was supposed to do… following my plan… then that's whats important. Also, my English CPT. I guess what I developed or kinda learnt this year from writing essays is during my writing process, to not look back and reread or reedit and take out and like reword my work. Even when I feel that it doesn't make sense or when I get stuck, just keep writing… so that's what I've been doing… I left the cleaning up for the days later for editing… so yesterday as I was writing my essay, I kept on thinking about how bad it was. I was just so tired and so confused… maybe because my outline was really bad and I wasn't really sure what I was writing about. I had no sense of direction whatsoever. So now I am really worried about my essay… its 10% of my final mark… its really big… and it feels as if I'm not gonna do good, cause the quality of this essay, compared to the other ones are really bad. I just hope its not like last year when I did really bad on my cpt but really good on everything else….

So today… I'm finally at today! And I'm like 900 words in =D

So today, I got to school third period, for English, because I needed to work on my essay and I thought she was gonna talk about the play and stuff, so I didn't want to miss it. But she wasn't here, neither was my chem. Teacher… which means that I shouldn't have come to school at all today, cause I didn't really end up doing much except for wasting time… so that was bad. After school we had our last and final meeting of the year for SAS. That was exciting… somewhat. We had a guest speaker from Duke of Ed come in to talk about the award. I am already enrolled in it and am trying to finish it… but since the SAS members know about it, maybe we can work as a group and finish it…

Oh btw, I'm learning how to ride a bike again! Haha… and I'm gonna die doing it! But I'm doing it nonetheless! =D

Uhm, that's about it… there's more… but I don't feel like it now… gotta do some work!

Quote!

"You can never please everyone. In fact, if you please 50 percent of the people, you're doing quite well." – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

I like this quote but I don't like this quote.

It sucks, along with lots of other things in life, that I cannot please everyone, but it's the unfortunate truth. I try to do my best to satisfy everyone, but I realize that in addition to not being able to satisfy EVERYONE, even in my small group of friends, if I satisfy other, I forget myself.

I guess we should keep in mind that… yes, making sure that other people are happy is important, but just don't go out of your way to do that.

I know I should do that… but sometimes, I disregard that thought and continue to do things for other people, regardless of whether I want to or not… this means that I still have to work on this… euh…

2 comments: